• 6 Million Christians proclaim the Gospel around the world!
• Over 25 Million people reached!
• 3 Million decisions for Christ!
• Woman awakes from coma!
• Blind woman from Switzerland can see again!
The first Global Outreach Day (G.O.D.) is over, and we are thrilled about all the things God did on this day. This year the following leaders actively took part in the Global Outreach Day along with their networks:
A.E. Adeboye (30,000 RCCG churches in 161 countries), Ché Ahn (10,000 HRC-churches), Wayne Alcorn (ACC Australia), Alpha, Mark Anderson (Call2all), Richard Ciaramitaro (Canada), Loren Cunnigham (YWAM), Global Day of Prayer (Prayer Network of 350 million Christians), Global Media Outreach, Suzette Hattingh (Indonesia), Mathew Kuruvilla (Heavenly Feast, India), Samuel Rodriguez (40,000 Hispanic churches in the USA), Russian Union of Christians, Russian Church of Evangelical Faith Christians, Royal Rangers, Robert Stearns (Network of 300,000 churches in 178 countries), Márcio Valadão (Brazil), Bill Wilson (Metro Ministrie USA ), and many more.
The official start of the Global Outreach Day was during the Holy Ghost Service in Lagos, Nigeria, on the night of June 1st. The G.O.D. was the talk of the town, having been made known through newspaper articles, banners and internet presence. I could feel the excitement and the great expectation in the one-mile-long building where we met and where I shared about the launch of the first ever worldwide evangelistic day. The meeting was aired on television in Africa. While it was already June 2nd in Samoa and the first outreach activities were beginning to take place, over a half a million Christians in Africa were praying together for the G.O.D. Then a wave of evangelism spread around the world. Shortly after midnight in Nigeria about 1,000 people followed an invitation to give their lives to the Lord.
During the days following the G.O.D., we heard testimonies from all over the world. Here just a few of them:
• Pakistan: Tens of thousands of Christians met boldly in public places, schools and universities and even at police stations and preached the Gospel to Muslims.
• Brazil: More than one million Christians were active in over 300 cities. One local church in particular passed out over 400,000 tracts, mobilizing 50,000 Christians.
• Mongolia: In the capital, Ulan Bator, over 2,500 Christians evangelized, including the Minister of Defence as well as a nationally renowned former criminal. Christians prayed for a woman who had been in a coma for four months. The doctors had given up all hope and were more than surprised when she awoke from the coma the following day. She has in the meantime returned to her home.
• Switzerland: A young woman prayed for a person who was almost totally blind, and that person could see again thereafter.
Our partner Global Media Outreach reported the following website traffic statistics during the days preceding and including the Global Outreach Day:
2,697,817 Indicated Decisions
307,467 Initial Emails
1,083,043 Discipleship Visits
I wish to thank all of you who took part in this event for your cooperation. Only together will we be able to take in this worldwide harvest. Several leaders, including A.E. Adeboye, Loren Cunningham and the leaders of the Global Day of Prayer have told us that they believed this G.O.D. was only the beginning and that this event will grow in importance over the coming years. Please be a part of this movement and get your network involved. Each year, on the Saturday following Pentecost Sunday, the Global Outreach Day will take place, and we will be mobilizing Christians around the world to help us spread the Gospel everywhere.
Next year’s date: May 25, 2013 – Global Outreach Day
Yours in Christ